FINALLLLY I HAVE GOTTEN TO GRIPS WITH THIS THING SO BEAR WITH ME

EASILY I APPROACH!!!!!

Heart is Breaking

Heart is Breaking
OUT NOW - Artwork by Benjamin Wachenje

Wednesday 2 June 2010

Interview with Frankfurter Neuse Presse

 
TY sat down with  Mirco Overländer for an interview in German press Frankfurter Neuse Presse. We have (attempted) to translate it just for your pleasure.

Germany win? Happy! The UK has experienced a rap scene. The forgotten face of some of the powerful hip-hoppers from the "U.S. of A. '. The most famous rap Briton called Ty.  

The Englishman of Nigerian origin Ty - Ben Chijioke actually - was recently nominated for the Mercury Prize, the English counterpart of the echo. Commerce, he refuses and has decided against a major-label contract. We asked him about rap in England and his new album, "Special Kind of Fool". 

Ty, how would you describe your music in a few words?
TY: Anders, from the heart. In short, hip-hop for those who make their own thoughts and to hear different music want. My music is popular, but no pop!

How did you become a musician and how was your love to the Hip-Hop?
TY: I was a fan as a child, followed the hip-hop to religious way: Keep track of who who sampled what was produced by whom. I am a Hip-Hop Nerd-have - but my own opinion.

Your Publication, Your new album are characterized by extremely social criticism and political texts. What is your drive to make music?
TY: My music is social criticism? I did not. I dealt only what is close to my heart. I think rap music in particular and in general should be more honest and less adapted. I'm interested in what Britney Spears really thinks, not the love songs and all of the representational Shit.

Does commercial success of your opinion, to shallow songs and lyrics? Would you adjust your sound in favor of a heightened awareness?
TY: The commercial success in England after this model seems to work. The less complex the texts are, the better the sales. But I still think that there is room for sophisticated music. In the seventies and eighties was so brilliant music in the charts. So I think that I have to change anything on my appearance. Possible that one day I will deal with compromises (laughs).

English artists like Dizzee Rascal in Germany are increasingly successful. Are you working on a conquest of the local scene?
TY: If I plan to expand to Germany? Loving you! I have good contacts in Germany to "Live Demo" from Berlin - and also to "Brothers Keepers", Patrice and Nneka. I have great respect for their work.

As hip-hop popular in Germany, was first benefited more self-reflexive groups such as "The Fantastic Four." Meanwhile, gangster rap is called for. Is that similar in England?
TY: We were such artists never mainstream. Which were not celebrated and appreciated. Who in the United Kingdom says something that displeases some people will, in the business simply no progress. I told myself that for me music has always given priority. 

Do you have a ready argument why we should not lose hope that this world could be a better place?
TY: Unfortunately not. Whether the world will one better or more just, this I dare not judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails